So, you recycle your empty yogurt pot with your plastics. But what are you supposed to do with the lid? Find out in this article!
You can recycle yogurt lids. This is because yogurt lids are made from recyclable materials. But you must make sure that your yogurt lids are clean before you do so.
Are you ready to find out more about recycling yogurt lids? Then make sure you check out the tips we’ve got waiting for you in this article!
Are Yogurt Lids Recyclable?
Rest assured, you can put yogurt lids in your recycle bin! Please continue to do so with peace of mind!
Here are a few reasons why you can recycle your yogurt lids.
- Yogurt lids are made from aluminum. Aluminum is a recyclable material.
- Yogurt lids are easy to clean and collect. This makes them the perfect candidates for recycling.
Are Yogurt Lids Eco-Friendly?
When you look at a yogurt lid, it may not seem eco-friendly. But there certainly is more to a yogurt lid than meets the eye! Yogurt lids are great for the environment in more ways than most people imagine.
Here’s why yogurt lids are eco-friendly.
- Yogurt lids are made from the most recyclable materials. They are essentially among the most valuable things in your recycling bin. This makes them eco-friendly from the word go.
- Yogurt lids are made of aluminum. Aluminum is one of those materials that is worth any effort you make to recycle it. Why’s that? When recycled, it saves 92% of the energy that would be needed to make the same amount of aluminum again.
- Over 70% of recycled aluminum in the United States is still being used today. That means the materials from your yogurt lids can be used and reused time and time again.
What if you are keen to do more for the environment than putting your yogurt lids into the recycling bin? Is there a way that you can cut back on your use of aluminum? Here are a few things you can do.
100% Recycled Aluminum
Here’s the first thing you can do to help the environment with your use of aluminum. Why not look for yogurt pots that have been made with 100% recycled aluminum the next time you shop? Shopping with brands that are recycling conscious is the best way forward.
Buy In Bulk
Another great thing to do is to buy yogurt in bigger tubs. The bigger the tub, the less packaging that goes on the food. This will help to cut down on the foil that you use. And even better still, it will reduce the amount of plastic that goes into the plastic cup. Buying in bulk not only helps to reduce waste, but it often saves you money. So, it’s win-win!
But what if you will struggle to get through a large tub of yogurt in one sitting? Then pour it into smaller containers and keep it fresh in the fridge!
How Do You Recycle Yogurt Lids?
Most recyclable items need a little TLC before you can pop them in the recycle bin. This often includes some washing, drying, and dismantling. So what should you do with your yogurt lids to make sure that they are not rejected when you try to recycle them?
You’re in luck because yogurt lid recycling is dead easy. Here are a few simple steps to follow.
- Clean your yogurt lids. Before you recycle your yogurt lids, you must wash them to remove any food or grease from the lids. (Just imagine the whiff on a yogurt lid after it’s been sitting in the recycling process for a couple of midsummer weeks).
- This step is optional. If you have a number of yogurt lids, roll them in a ball together. Why is this important? For the following three reasons.
- This will ensure that your yogurt lids don’t fly away in the wind before they get a chance to be recycled!
- It will also make sure they don’t get caught up in recycling machinery before they can be put to good use!
- It will prevent your yogurt lids from oxidizing before they get to the recycling center.
- Put the yogurt lid into your home recycling bin. Alternatively, take it to your local aluminum recycling center.
It’s the small household items that usually perplex us the most when it comes to recycling. And yogurt lids are no exception! Have you queried whether you should recycle yogurt lids or not? Then I’m sure this article has helped you to see how easy it is for you to recycle your lids! I am sure it has also shown you the best method for doing so.
Have you found this article interesting? If so, make sure you check out some of the other free guides on our website!